2020 and other fucked up shit

Unholy fucking Jesus!!! 

Has 2020 been a clusterfuck shitbomb of a year so far. Aside from yours truly losing his job (okay, maybe that wasn't the worst thing that has happened because I hated that fucking job.) but on top of that all the absolute stupidity that is happening all over the U.S. with riots and cops shooting people and people being assholes etc. It's amazing we haven't just blown ourselves up yet. But since we haven't I guess we will just have to make the best of a bad situation. 

A few months ago I let a few people I work with on a regular basis know that I was exploring the podcast format for Cemetery Lament. That hasn't changed and I'm still very much looking at this as something I plan to launch this fall hopefully by October 2020 if possible. 

The reason for the delay on this project has to do with the legal aspects of a music podcast. Even with unsigned, underground music there is still a layer of red tape that needs to be worked around before I can just blast music out into the soft squishy brains of the masses. Because I want to protect myself as well as the artists and musicians that create this work I have to make sure that all of this is above board and legal. 

In addition to this I want to present this podcast in a unique format that hasn't been done a million other times by every asshole on the planet. I want to make sure that the show is going to be something people want to listen to. I want to make sure that artists are being adequately represented on the show and the best quality of music and creativity is being highlighted. 

Doing this right is very important to me and I don't want to rush this process. So there it is... The reason the blog has been hit or miss for a while now. In addition to the current affairs of the world as well as trying to explore other outlets for Cemetery Lament and keeping myself and my family alive it's been a long rough year to say the least. 

Comments

Zero Tolerance Magazine RSS Feed

Nuclear Blast - News

Metal Blade - News